Waldent Orthodontic Inter-Proximal Reduction Kit
- Delivery available at all pincodes.
- Delivery within 5-6 working days.
- Free shipping on orders above Rs. 2500.
- 100% purchase protection.
- Original products | Secure payments.
Inter-proximal Stripping Kit
Orthodontic Inter-proximal Stripping Kit is an appropriately designed kit for inter-proximal reduction in orthodontic cases.
INTERPROXIMAL REDUCTION (aka Slenderizing, Stripping, Selective Enamel Reduction and Reproximation)
Interproximal reduction (IPR) of enamel involves the removal of outer enamel (0.3–0.5 mm) on the interproximal surfaces of teeth. IPR is one of the techniques that may be used during orthodontic treatment to provide extra intra-arch space in patients with mild to moderate crowding and when extraction therapy is undesirable.
Advantages of IPR –
– Decreased treatment time
– Prevention of interdental gingival retraction.
– Help to acquire additional space to create ideal tooth alignment.
Interproximal enamel stripping has become an effective orthodontic treatment approach to regain space, improve tooth and gum aesthetics as well as maintain post-treatment stability. Nevertheless, orthodontists should choose appropriate indications by balancing between its benefits and risks.
IPR possesses unique advantages in facilitating better treatment outcome in a more conservative and physiological way without harming dental or periodontal tissue.
Inter – proximal Strip Kit :
- – Creates space to improve tooth alignment
- – Helps to improve the bite/occlusion
- – Can increase the stability of the teeth, so they will retain their position long term
- – Can reduce “black triangles” , which is created by the absence of gingival papilla between teeth and gives the appearance of a dark space or hole.
The procedure can be performed using several methods:
(1) Air rotor stripping with fine tungsten-carbide or diamond burs
(2) The use of diamond-coated stripping disks
- – In cases of Crowding / relapse of crowding
- – In malocclusion cases where extraction is not mandatory
- – To correct black triangles in between the teeth
- – In cases when relapses have taken place, stripping is advisable to allow realignment without labial tipping of anterior teeth into unstable position
- – IPR is used for cosmetic re-contouring, most commonly in reshaping canines to mimic lateral incisors
TYPES OF PROXIMAL STRIPS:
- 90 microns: For use as a saw for opening contacts
- 60 microns: For reduction
- 40 microns: For contouring
- 25 microns: For finishing
- 15 microns: For Pre-polishing
- Manufacturer/Importer warranty of 1 Year as applicable for the handpiece only.
- Physical damage is not covered in any case
- Service and Warranty are handled by the manufacturer/importer directly for this product
- Dentalbaba will not be liable to replace the Products and the liability to replace any such Product is that of the Manufacturer/Importer
- Dentalbaba and the Buyer acknowledge that the Products purchased/used are a subject matter of original Manufacturer/Importer’s warranties only
- Any or all claims in relation to returns and replacement shall be made to the concerned Manufacturer/Importer only and Dentalbaba may assist the customer in registering a request to get the Product replaced or serviced.
- The Buyer acknowledges that the Products once sold will not be exchanged or taken back unless the seal of the package or the Product is intact or not altered in any manner or is not tampered as the case may be.
- Uniquely designed for Slow speed Handpiece
- Different number of Abrasive strips available for different uses
- Interproximal strip gauge provides appropriate amount of stripping with labelled dimensions
- Available in various sizes
- Fits E-Type Handpiece
- 1.4mm Stroke
- Optimal Torque
- Gear ratio: 4:1/1:1
Direction to Use.
- To begin with, rotated teeth should be aligned prior to reduction if possible to arrange the contact points in a more favorable position. It is optional to separate the teeth 3-4 days before IPR.
- Coil spring or separators can be used to open space, improving visual and mechanical access and depressing dental papillae to reduce trauma (with separators)
- This step is often done when the teeth are too rotated and for reduction to be performed prior to alignment.
- Space opened by coil spring or separator should be measured before reduction to avoid overstripping. Interdental papillae should be protected with thin brass or steel indicator wire.
- In the process of IPR, an ultra-fine diamond Strip should be placed in the inter-dental space at first followed by reducing mesiodistal widths to the desired dimension.
- Subsequently, the strip should be inserted below the contact point and swept occlusally.
- It is suggested that measurement tools be applied to ensure adequate enamel reduction is performed as planned previously. It is also important to ensure that the contact point remains 4.5-5 mm away from the bone crest.
- However, if it is too close, the size of col will become larger, leading to increased periodontalpocket
1 x Chuck/Key, 1 x Contra-angle Handpiece, 1 x Inter proximal Strip Gauge (0.10mm, 0.15mm, 0.20mm, 0.25mm, 0.30mm, 0.40mm, 0.50mm), Interproximal Strips (15HD, 25HD, 40HD,60HD, 90HD)
There are no enquiries yet.