No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Glass Ionomer Luting Cement
Hy-Bond Glasionomer CX-Smart is a truly biocompatible contemporary luting glass ionomer that guarantees reliable cementation for lasting restorations. Both the glass and liquid polymer components in the CX-Smart formulation have been modified to enhance the working and handling properties for an easier, cleaner application.
HY-BOND GLASIONOMER CX-Smart is a glass ionomer cement for permanent cementation of cast metal and porcelain fused to metal crown and bridge restorations as well as metal orthodontic appliances.
- Cementation of crowns, bridges and inlays
- Cementation of orthodontic (metal) brackets and bands
- Fluoroaluminosilicate glass
- HY agent
- Acrylic acid tricarboxylic acid co-polymer solution
- Tartaric acid
- Purified water
- Store at room temperature (1-30 °C). Avoid high temperature and high humidity. Keep away from direct sunlight.
Hy-bond CX-Smart exhibits a robust matrix that resists crack propagation and greater acid resistance for long-term stability.
1. Do not use this product on patients with known allergies to this material and/or glass polyalkenoate cements.
2. Operators with known allergies to this material and/or glass polyalkenoate cements should exercise caution while using this product.
3. In case of any inflammation or other allergic reactions in either patient or operator, immediately discontinue use and seek medical advice.
4. Use protective gloves and glasses to avoid sensitization to this product. In case of accidental contact with oral soft tissue or skin, immediately blot with alcohol moistened cotton ball, and rinse with plenty of water. In case of contact with eyes, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
5. Follow the instructions for use of each material, instrument or equipment to be used in conjunction with this product.
6. Do not use this product for any purposes other than specifically outlined in these instructions for use.
Direction to Use.
Cleaning of cavity and abutment tooth
- Thoroughly remove the temporary material. Rinse with water and dry following the standard method.
- Use a rubber dam etc to isolate the treatment area.
Try-in and preparation of a restoration
- Try-in the restoration to confirm fit and adjust occlusion.Then, clean the adhesive surface of the restoration.
- In case of close proximity to the pulp, cap with calcium hydroxide etc.
Dispensing of Powder and Liquid
- Dispense 1 scoop of Powder and 2 drops of Liquid,separately.
-Standard Powder to Liquid ratio is 2.0 g : 1.0 g
-Gently shake the powder bottle to loosen the powder before dispensing. Always use the measuring scoop provided and level off the powder for accurate dosage.
-Invert the liquid bottle prior to use to dispense drops of bubble-free liquid. The nozzle tip should not contact the mixing pad.
-Remove any liquid remaining around the tip of the nozzle with a wet gauze etc. for accurate measuring.
-Tightly close the bottle caps (powder and liquid) immediately after each use. Use extra caution to protect the powder against any possible moisture contamination.
- Mix Powder and Liquid evenly with a plastic spatula within 30 sec.
|Mixing time (23 °C)||30”|
|Working time (23 °C)||2’00”||From start of mixing|
|Setting time (37 °C)||Approx. 2’30”||After seating the restoration in patient’s mouth|
-In cases ambient temperature is higher than 23 °C,working time will be shortened, and if the temperature is lower than 23 °C, working time will be elongated.
-Do not add extra liquid while mixing to prevent degradation of the material properties.
-Do not mix powder or liquid with components of other glass polyalkenoate cements.
Placement of the restoration
- Apply the cement mixture evenly on the restoration surface to be cemented. Seat the restoration onto the cavity or abutment tooth. Hold in place with moderate pressure until the cement sets. Standard setting time is approximately 2’30” after placing the restoration.
-Avoid contamination of the restoration surface to be cemented. If the surface is contaminated by saliva or blood, thoroughly clean the surface with an alcohol moistened cotton ball.
Removal of excess cement
- Remove excess cement with an instrument after it exhibits rubber consistency (1 min. – 2 min. after placing the restoration in patient’s mouth).
- Chemically bonds to the tooth structure for excellent marginal seal and sharp set with remarkable moisture tolerance.
- No etch or bond for a quick, easy and simple application– ideal for paediatric, geriatric and special needs patients.
- Resin-free, suitable for patients with resin allergy.
- Optimal thixotropicity and even film thickness with durable physical properties, high acid resistance and low oral solubility.
- Hy-additive ensures virtually no post-operative sensitivity & favourable pulp response.
Shofu Hy-Bond Glaslonomer CX-Smart 1-1 Set:
- 1 x 45gm Powder
- 1 x 30gm Liquid
Shofu Hy-Bond Glaslonomer CX-Smart Mini Set:
- 1 x 15gm Powder
- 1 x 10gm Liquid
Shofu Hy-Bond Glaslonomer CX-Smart 1-1 Set, Shofu Hy-Bond Glaslonomer CX-Smart Mini Set
There are no inquiries yet.